Ted Kostich has over 39 years of experience in energy efficient building, especially in single family residential homes. All homes built by Ted Kostich are not just the best money can buy, but they surpass many requirements. He is the most energy efficient Amelia Island Home Builder.
Energy Efficient Features of KDI Homes
Is your builder doing this?
- Radiant Barrier OSB Roof Sheathing
- ZipSystem Wall Sheathing with Tape and Self Adhering Polymer Modified Bitumen Window Tape
- Energy Whole House Sealant Package on all Wires, Pipes and Penetrations
- R-50 Blown Fiberglass Attic Insulation with Raised Heel Height Roof Trusses
- R-20 Blown Cellulose Wall Insulation in 2 x 6 Exterior Walls
- All Vinyl Exterior Windows with U Factor of .30 and Heat Gain Factor of .21
- No More Than 3.0 Air Changes Per Hour
- 80 CFM Energy Star Rated Bath Fans
- 15 Seer HVAC Equipment with Variable Speed Air Handler
- Rinnai R-94 Tankless L/P Gas Hot Water Heater
- Energy Star Rated Appliances
- LED Light Bulbs Throughout the Entire Home
- Humidistat in All Homes
- All Hot Water Lines Insulated Throughout
- Foam Core Fiberglass Exterior Doors
100% KDI Energy Efficiency Homes
According to estimates carried out between homes that are just built to the building code and the KDI Homes, KDI Homes are 57% more efficient. The added efficiency comes from the use of strictly energy efficient construction products, installation and equipment. Special attention is given to heating, ventilation, air conditioning and electrical work, so that no corner is left untouched.
If you are looking for an Amelia Island or Fernandina Beach Home Builder, then your search ends here. Homes built by Ted “The Nail Bag Builder” Kostich are assured to be of the highest quality and also set new standards in energy efficiency.